FP1 Strategies, a public affairs and political consulting firm based in Washington, D.C., is looking for current college students and recent graduates to support its growing team as interns.
Ideal candidates are hardworking, driven individuals who have an interest in politics, communications, advertising, and digital strategy.
Interns will work directly with the operations team as well as within the various departments of the firm as needed. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Monitoring media coverage of current events and political news
- Researching issues surrounding political campaigns and public affairs initiatives
- Assisting in the preparation of PowerPoint decks and other written materials for new business and client meetings
- Drafting and editing memos, LTEs, op-eds, and social media posts
- Helping to proofread political scripts and advertisements
- Providing administrative assistance as necessary
Ideal candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Possess superior oral and written communication skills and have the ability to work with a variety of people at all levels of the firm
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Show meticulous attention to detail, great organizational skills, and a positive, can-do attitude
- Able to meet deadlines while juggling multiple requests and projects
- A background in research (including experience with LexisNexis) and social media is a plus
Start and end dates are flexible, but we ask that interns commit to working at least four days per week.
FP1 Strategies LLC is a full-service agency based in Washington, D.C. specializing in political campaigns and public affairs work focused on coalition building, public relations, grassroots mobilization, advertising, digital engagement, message development, and crisis management.
With experience managing high-profile national projects in the United States and internationally, FP1’s ability to design and deploy a campaign-style, fully-integrated approach is a core competency that is unique among its competitors. FP1 is large enough to run endeavors that are multinational in scale, but the firm takes pride in its founding commitment to work harder than anyone on behalf of its clients – no matter the size of the account. This grit, creativity and focus are what FP1’s “campaign approach” truly represents.
FP1 often looks to previous interns who were successful in the program when considering full-time, entry-level positions.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!