SVP of Public Affairs
FP1 Strategies, a Republican-leaning public affairs, media relations, digital communications and advertising firm, is looking for Senior Vice President-level candidates for a growing team.
The ideal candidate will have both public relations agency experience and political campaign experience. He/she should be a motivated self-starter who has a solid understanding of public affairs work at the local and national level and will work directly with senior leadership on new business and day-to-day management of the firm’s client accounts.
He/she will also be responsible all levels of client work including:
- Managing account staff teams for multiple clients simultaneously
- Leading client programs from conception to completion by anticipating challenges and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Maintaining and cultivating relationships with current and prospective client(s)
- Leading development of and strategic planning for new business proposals
Ideal candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of seven years of relevant experience in public affairs, public relations and/or political campaign work; some agency experience required
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful public affairs strategies
- Strong research, writing and editing skills
- Experience managing and building client relationships
- Performs well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Experience using digital/social media tools for issue advocacy and public affairs campaigns