FP1 Strategies is seeking an HR Generalist to support our growing team. This is a terrific opportunity to get in early and help manage high-impact programs, with the great potential for increased responsibilities and ownership within the HR function. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented self-starter who has strong communications and organizational skills.
- Responsible for overall onboarding, orientation and offboarding, working closely with managers, the HR Administrator, and Operations Manager to carry out the processes
- Manage all employee and candidate records, including creating and maintaining new hire and personnel files in the HRIS and updating the ATS as jobs open and close
- Manage staff professional development and employee engagement, including working closely with the COO to plan employee training programs to further develop staff
- Perform regular (bi-weekly or monthly) check-ins with department heads regarding staffing, professional development & trainings, recruitment & new hires, employee relations issues, etc.
- Lead recruitment efforts for talent at all levels across the firm. Post, source, screen, interview and manage the candidate process from requisition to hire
- Run the firm’s internship program; coordinate intern work, activities and practicum project
- Oversee enhancements to employee performance management and succession planning, including:
- Development targets
- Developing competency models
- Gap and succession exercise
- Development targets
- Delegate to the Operations Manager as necessary as it relates to scheduling interviews and assisting with onboarding and offboarding
- Report directly to the Chief Operating Officer
The ideal HR Generalist will possess the following skills and requirements:
- BA/BS required, preferably in HR, business or related field
- SHRM-CP or PHR strongly preferred
- 3+ years progressive responsibility managing HR functions.
- Show meticulous attention to detail, great organizational skills, and a positive, can-do attitude
- Able to meet deadlines while juggling multiple requests and projects
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence
- Possess exceptional people skills and have the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities
- Exercise a high level of discretion and emotional intelligence
We offer competitive compensation, medical and dental insurance as well as a fast-paced work environment on a growing team and a great amount of opportunity for career advancement.
ABOUT FP1 STRATEGIES
FP1 Strategies LLC is a full-service consulting and advertising firm based in Arlington, Virginia specializing in political campaigns work focused on coalition building, grassroots mobilization, advertising, digital engagement and message development.
With experience managing high-profile national projects in the United States and internationally, FP1’s ability to design and deploy a campaign-style, fully-integrated approach is a core competency that is unique among its competitors. FP1 is large enough to run endeavors that are multinational in scale, but the firm takes pride in its founding commitment to work harder than anyone on behalf of its clients – no matter the size of the account. This grit, creativity and focus are what FP1’s “campaign approach” truly represents.