Director, Public Affairs and Communications
FP1 Strategies, a public affairs and political consulting firm, is looking for a Director, Public Affairs and Communications to serve as a senior writer and media relations expert for its growing public affairs and communications team.
The Director will play a key role developing and executing communications plans – including message and content development. The Director will work across a variety of public affairs accounts and policy areas to develop written material from press releases, fact sheets and op-eds to executive speeches, memos and annual reports. The Director will also support a variety of communications needs – including media outreach, as needed. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated track record navigating complex policy issues and/or regulatory affairs at the federal or state level.
- Draft and edit press releases, blog posts, op-eds, statements and other materials supporting a variety of public affairs issues
- Craft speeches, thought leadership pieces and talking points for key client accounts
- Develop fact sheets, website content and other written collateral
- Coordinate media outreach as appropriate – cultivating relationships with key reporters
- Develop strategic communications plans to support client campaigns
- Minimum of 4-5 years of relevant experience in communications
- Significant experience writing and editing materials for multiple voices – including elected officials, CEOs, and other C-Suite executives
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously working across a variety of issues
- Successful track record of pitching media across national and local outlets
- Interest in public affairs and policy issues; ability to synthesize technical content
- Practical understanding of AP Style
- Understanding of the communications landscape and how various communications channels work (i.e. digital, print, social, broadcast)
- Ability to work under pressure to manage tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects and changing priorities
- Can-do attitude and a willingness to work in the trenches
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
No phone calls please.
We offer competitive compensation, medical and dental insurance as well as a fast-paced work environment on a growing team with many opportunities for growth and advancement.
About FP1 Strategies
FP1 Strategies LLC is a full-service agency specializing in political campaigns and public affairs work focused on coalition building, public relations, grassroots mobilization, advertising, digital engagement, message development, and crisis management.
With experience managing high-profile national projects in the United States and internationally, FP1’s ability to design and deploy a campaign-style, fully-integrated approach is a core competency that is unique among its competitors. FP1 is large enough to run endeavors that are multinational in scale, but the firm takes pride in its founding commitment to work harder than anyone on behalf of its clients – no matter the size of the account. This grit, creativity and focus are what FP1’s “campaign approach” truly represents.