FP1 Strategies, a public affairs, media relations, digital communications and advertising firm, is looking for a Financial Analyst.
Reporting to the Controller, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for assisting with monthly finance and accounting activity including invoicing, weekly reports, account reconciliations, monthly and year-end closes, and financial reporting.
Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Create and send invoices based on client contracts and ad hoc requests
- Handle A/R requests from partners and internal staff
- Assist Controller with preparing financial reports
- Generate weekly reports and format as necessary
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of company expense reports
- Monitor financial transactions and coding
- Enter data and maintain updated records
- Assist with account reconciliations
- Communicate with vendors, customers, and colleagues
- Ad hoc requests as necessary
The ideal Financial Analyst will possess the following skills and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to successfully produce accurate financial statements and reports;
- Ability to quickly learn accounting and expense reporting systems;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- A “roll up your sleeves,” can-do attitude;
- Proactive problem solver;
- Ability to understand and suggest improvements to current accounting, expense reporting, and timekeeping systems;
- Strong writing and communication skills; and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and respond to requests with urgency.