FP1 Strategies, a public affairs, media relations, digital communications and advertising firm, is looking for a Staff Assistant to join DC-based firm.
Duties may include: day-to-day office administrative tasks; making travel arrangements; serving as main point of contact for vendors; planning and scheduling meetings and appointments; assisting with preparation for meetings, presentations, and film shoots; researching candidates and issues; finding and archiving headlines and photo/video elements for ads; tracking and coding expenses; proofing political and public affairs ads for factual accuracy and general quality; and providing personal assistance as needed.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to anticipate needs before they arise
- Positive attitude
- Self-starter who can tackle projects in either a team setting or independently
- Accountable and reliable when it comes to completing tasks on time
- Ability to work well under pressure with competing deadlines and priorities
- Performs above and beyond expectations
- Flexible to the changing needs/responsibilities of the workplace
- Behaves professionally when interacting with high profile/ public figure clients
- Possesses excellent people skills and ability to work with a wide variety of personalities
- Basic understanding of local, regional and national politics and current events